Friday, February 24, 2006

Should i change my title??

Gosh...

I'm wondering if i should consider changing my blog title... Reason being because i'm now working in a company that is MS partner... so... :)

Okay.. my first assignment since day 1 i joint the company... Did i mention when i start to join this new firm? 20th Feb 2006...

I was given 2 servers to play with. First one being Win2k server as AD, second server being Exchange 2003 on top of Win2k3 too.

We were stuck trying to join the Win2k3/Exc2k3 onto Win2k AD domain without success. Finally we give up trying due to some sort of DNS problem not properly setup at Win2k server.

Okie dokie...

This time i'm going to provide the link for my "tutorial" which it has tremendous help for my Win2k3 and Exc2k3 setup/installation.

http://www.petri.co.il/
http://www.microsoft.com/

To be frank Ms site has quite some detail step-by-step and some links to others related documents but it's not "user-friendly" enough due to Petri's site is providing some key notes and he gives snap-shots on the GUI screen that makes reading the tutorial an enjoying moment.

I'd strongly recomment anyone wants to learn AD/Exchange should not have missed Petri's site.

Geeh... i'm working on the network segment and firewall now, hope i have time to update a little for some useful sites that helps.

regards,
Skywalker

2 comments:

Thiam Teck (1983 - ?) said...

Hwy, where is ur new job?

Grant Skywalker said...

Read my posting, you'd know how's my job lately :)

Again, very challenging, cuz this time is entirely MS product and i've never touch linux stuff for quite a while though..

regards,
Skywalker