Thursday, July 14, 2011

Linkedin - user_agreement

Dear all, 

Those of you applying user account in Linkedin, please check out this link http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=user_agreement and search for keyword "remove, retain, add, process"

Basically, what I want to share is that, read that particular paragraph carefully, you are agree to let Linkedin "a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free rights to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, ......use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered...."

Basically, you are allowing Linkedin to do whatever they want, including selling your information for money, take your ideas, for whatever reason they want.

I don't want to allow Linkedin to do that to me and my information, so, I have totally deleted my account now.

If you care for your own privacy, take necessary action to protect it. Sorry, I'm not using Linkedin anymore.

Best regards,
GS 

No comments: